Intellectual property in the state of patents is guarded in India when an individual registers a patent under the Indian Patent Act, 1970. Acquiring a patent prevents other individuals or situations from infringing on your creation.
Moreover, a patent registration may received on a design or a process. Under the Act, there are two types of patent specifications.
Under Section 9 of the Act, patents are specified under two classes:
- Provisional patent specification
- Complete patent specification
Accordingly, provisional patent registration is a preparation step and is taken to get protection before being able to file a full patent. A lot of details of the design and its specifications are needed to get a provisional patent.
- Form 1
- Form 2
- Form 5
- Form 26
- E-filing fees
- Form 3
- Priority document
- Illustration/ Diagrams of the invention.
Patent Filing Procedure
- Search the patent
- File the patent
- Specify the provisional
- Complete the specification
- Patent Publication
- Patent Examination
- Register the patent
Advantages of a Provisional Patent:
- Pending patent tag
- Scope of abandonment
What Information Will a Provisional Patent Contain?
- The name/title of the invention/design/process
- In Addition, provisional specifications(It does not have to contain a claims section)
- Description of the invention(The description of the design should not be short and narrow)
- Field and objective of the invention
There are no reviews yet.